Le Vesinet 2013
24, 25, 26 May
The programme :
Friday 24th May
14:00 Reception opens at the Tim Hotel
15:00 Welcome drink (room on ground floor)
16:00 Transfer to Montmartre (last departure 17:30) by coach, visit of Montmartre
20:00 Dinner Auberge de la Bonne Franquette (2 Rue des Saules, Montmartre)
24:00 Depart for Tim Hotel by coach
Saturday 25th May
8:45 Members depart for the AGM by coach
9:30 Coffee+mini croissants at Belgium Embassy, 9 rue de Tilsitt Paris 17th
10:00 AGM at the Belgian Embassy Place de l’Etoile
11:00 Aperitive at the Embassy
11:30 Depart from Embassy by coach – Sightseeing
9:30 Partners depart for Museums by coach
10:30 Visit of Carnavalet or Cognacq Jay Museums
11:30 Depart from Museums by coach – Sightseeing
12:30 All : Cruise on the Seine (Bateaux Parisiens – Port de la Bourdonnais, 7th)
13:30 Lunch at Bistrot de Paris (Bateaux Parisiens) on Seine Bank – Eiffel Tower
15:30 Depart for Petit Palais or Perfumes Museum or Galeries Lafayette
17:45 Depart punctually for the Tim Hotel by coach
19:30 Depart by coach for the Gala Dinner at Le Galion anchored on the Seine
00:45 Depart for Tim Hotel by coach
Sunday 26th May
9:00 Check-out from Hotel with luggage
9:30 Depart to Viaduc Café – 43 av. Daumesnil Paris 12th (Park: Opéra Bastille)
10:00 Brunch and tour around (“Coulée verte”, shops, covered market)
12:00 Farewell and departures
25 May 2013
MINUTES of the RIC MEETING
held in Paris
Marc Loos, RIC Coordinator, asked Christian Godde (RC Le Vésinet) to lead the meeting.
Calling of the RIC members
All member clubs attended:
- RC High Suffolk
- RC Le Vésinet
- RC Leipzig
- RC Lublin
- RC Rotselaar
Opening of the meeting (Carmen Lévy)
Carmen Lévy, President of RC Le Vésinet declared the 2013 Annual General Meeting officially open.
Approval of the minutes of the previous meeting (Christian Godde)
The minutes were approved with the addition of the mention of the award by all Clubs of a PHF 2 Sapphires to the outgoing RIC Coordinator, Patrick Billet for his outstanding contribution to the RIC
Annual report of member clubs
- Rotary Club Le Vésinet (by Carmen Lévy). Carmen presented the report for 2012/2013 (copy attached). She announced that Emmanuelle Vincent, President 2012/2013 has resigned early April and she had to take over. She also mentioned that co-founder and Past President Michel Patron passed away in February. The rest of the presentation is appended to the minutes.
- Rotary Club Rotselaar (by Herman Vermeulen). Hermann asked Andrzej to translate his introduction from Polish to English!
My dear Rotarian Fellows,
RcRotselaar started this year with 44 members. Today we are with 43 and a youngster is in the pipeline. As Club we visited last September the Rotary Club of Pietra Meant in Rumani. With RcNieuwkoop we had a so called in-between and we got an enjoyable visit of our Le Vésinet friends (by the way, my thesaurier complained about the unexpected, non budgeted high bills. All of us drunk far too much that eve. Again this year we had, beyond the other activities, 4 major Events. These 4 events stood for a 150k€ turnover, resulting in a +/- 25% nett profit. Starting with our Yearly taste the Walk in September, we continued with our famous Chocolate and Champaign end of the year sales. Last march we organized an OpenClub, welcoming more as 200 guests. Unfortunately, our Guest speaker, the Belgian Minister of Finance, resigned one week before our Open Club, leaving us with some headache. But we solved. In 2 weeks from now, we’ll organize our first endurance karting race. We sincerely hope this event will become a new important Fundraising opportunity. Thanks to these lucrative fundraising events, Rotselaar was able to spent and distribute among various regional, national and International projects +/- 40k€. One can find these several projects on our www.rotary-rotselaar.be site. Our new incoming president, Tom van Orshoven, presented the Club his team, last December.
Last but not least. Rotary Club Rotselaar and its members have been working on its legal structure. If our General Assembly of June 11th does agree (and no up to now, no negative signs, on the contrary) Rotary Rotselaar will be become by Belgian Law a Non Profit Organization. Giving its members a legally protection, cfr a SA. The main advantage of this legal Belgian Structure is, in case of negative event/accident or whatsoever, the members of our club are legally protected. It will give us a bit more Administrative work, but in case something negative occurs during fundraising or other events, we are secured and never, a member can be held personally responsible.
(In the meantime RcRotselaar became the VZW Rotary Club Rotselaar).
President RcRotselaar 2012/2013
- Rotary Club Leipzig (Jens Kühne). The Club has 67 members. Jens Kühne highlighted the various events of the Club (see attached presentation).
- Rotary Club High Suffolk (by Alan Cutting). RC High Suffolk managed to move from 12 to 18 members by end of May, of whom 5 ladies. The regretted Arthur Dorsett died in September.
Indian evening: contributed $2,000to the Banyan Tree project in India
Christmas collection: £2,500 donated to a local children hospice
Horse riding day 13 or 20 km ridden.
Stroke awareness day (blood pressure test) 3 people detected were sent to hospital
Donation of dictionaries to schools
Musicians’ competition, with the winner playing with the Cambridge symphonic orchestra.
Contribution to polio eradication.
Next President will be Harry Stanley.
- RC Lublin (by Andrzej Dmowski). The Club had the visit of the Governor of District 2230 which covers Poland, Belarus and Ukraine.
Contributed to the rehabilitation of a house for a deprived person.
Charity Ball: contributed to the equipment of the Handicapped children association which the RIC also contributed to in the past
March: visited the Handicapped children association and offered a rehabilitation bicycle.
Contributed to the funding of a visit of children to a meeting in Taizé (France)
Participated with all Lublin clubs in a sleigh ride.
Supported a Youth exchange with US and Brazilian children.
Paid a visit to RC Alvesta in Sweden.
- RC Nieuwkoop (by Jurgina Feith-Hoogendoorn). The Club has 8 female members and an average age of 65. See attached presentation.
- Banyan Tree (RC High Suffolk – 2012 Project)
The construction of the Building has been initiated. Unfortunately the foundation was not laid down in the right location and the subcontractor refused to correct it.
The main contractor accepted to correct things.
The completion is now foreseen for the end of the year
The funding of the contribution to the project is still not complete and all efforts are made to achieve this.
- Girls scholarships to Aschiana in Afghanistan (RC Le Vésinet – 2013 project)
The contribution of 2 clubs were still to be made.
Once all contributions will be received, the funds will be transferred to Kabul through the local company Roshan (mobile telephony) which will double the contribution.
- Stichting Sailability Organisation (RC Nieuwkoop proposal for 2014)
The organisation is equipping sailing boats so that handicapped people can sail them easily on their own. A video was presented. The AGM approved the selection of the project for 2014.
Discussion about RIC revitalisation (Christian Godde)
The following suggestions had been received:
- Possibility to hold the RIC Meeting in a different location than the normal location of the hosting Club in the hosting country: accepted
- Possibility to hold the meeting in a different country than the hosting country: rejected.
- Home hospitality by hosting Club members for a dinner: accepted but decision by the hosting club depending on feasibility.
- Home accommodation by hosting Club members: case of visiting members with financial constraints to be signalled by the relevant RIC officer and subject to decision by the hosting club depending on feasibility.
- Invitation of other Rotary Clubs of the Hosting country to join the meeting: rejected except for the local Rotaract and individual members of other clubs of the hosting country.
- Modification of the dates of the meeting (Pentecost, others): rejected.
- Admission of a 7th Club: further internal discussions of the RIC member Clubs to be organised by the RIC Coordinator for decision before next RIC Meeting 2014.
- Role of the RIC Officer:
- The RIC Officer shall be appointed by each Club before the end of July of each year and his/her contact details communicated to the RIC Coordinator: agreed.
- He shall act as a focus point of information on travel arrangements of his own Club members and try and ensure group travelling to facilitate welcome logistics by the hosting Club: agreed.
- He shall act as focus point on timely payment of participating members fee upon information by the hosting RIC officer. Agreed, and if payment is not done by the defaulting members, registration shall be cancelled.
- RIC member Clubs shall pay their contribution to the project of the year before the RIC meeting is held: agreed to be codified by the RIC Coordinator for inclusion in the RIC Rules.
- If a Club decides to arrive earlier or stay later than the official dates of the RIC: agreed that the organising clubs’ responsibility shall be restricted to providing the opportunity of a negotiated room rate in the hotel selected for the official meeting. The rest of the programme will be the responsibility of the visitors and the hosting club will only act as potential facilitator within its possibilities.
Organising Club for the RIC 2014 meeting – RC Nieuwkoop (Cora Honing)
The RIC will be organised in Amsterdam on 30-31 May and 1 June 2014.
The programme will include a visit to the Jewish district, a canal cruise dinner, visits to the historic museums (Stedelijkmuseum, Rijksmuseum, and Van Gogh Museum), gala dinner in a typical location.
The RIC Banner was then transferred from RC Le Vésinet (Carmen Levy) to RC Nieuwkoop (Cora Honing).
Nomination of the hosting Rotary Club for RIC 2015 meeting (Andrzej Dmowski)
RC Lublin offered to be the hosting club of the RIC 2015 meeting. This was approved by the AGM.
Closure of the meeting
Carmen Levy officially closed the 2013 Annual General Meeting of the RIC and invited everyone to join in large numbers the next RIC meeting to be held on 29-30 May + 1 June 2014 in Amsterdam.
Social project Le Vesinet 2013
RIC 2013 – LE VESINET