23, 24, 25 May
RIC meeting in Amsterdam
The hotel is located in the centre of Amsterdam: www.nh-hotels.nl/nh/nl/hotels/nederland/amsterdam/nh-museum-quarter.html
The total costs for this weekend are:
€ 415,- pp (2 person room), if you want an one person room € 65,- is added. This is the prize is you book before April 15th.
€ 445,- pp if you book after April 15th.
The deadline for registration is: May 1st.
If you want to book an additional night, please contact the hotel to arrange this yourself: www.nh-hotels.nl/nh/nl/hotels/nederland/amsterdam/nh-museum-quarter.html
Programme 23 May 2014
14.00 hrs: Reception open at the Museum Quarter hotel
15.00 hrs: Optional for early arrivers: visit to the Albert Cuyp market (round the corner of the hotel)
17.00 hrs: Welcome drinks offered by Rotary club Nieuwkoop in the hotel
19.30 hrs: Departure to the canal boats / 10 minutes walk: Dinner Cruise on the canals
22.00 hrs: End of Dinner Cruise: free time to visit the Leidseplein pubs or go back to the hotel
Programme 24 May 2014
08.45 hrs: Departure to meeting place for Annual General Meeting
09.00 hrs: AGM/ shopping time for partners
10.30 hrs: Partners join us for city walk
12.30 hrs: Lunch at a restaurant in the Vondelpark
13.45-14 hrs: walk from lunch cafe Groot Melkhuis in the Vondelpark to Museumplein
14.00 hrs: Visit to museum of your choice in the Museum Quarter (at 5 minutes walk from the hotel)
19.45 hrs: Departure to Heineken Experience for the Gala dinner
24.00 hrs: End of Gala dinner
Programme 25 May 2014
10 hrs: departure by bus to Water Sport Association ‘De Koenen’ (de Nieuwe Meer). Handover Sailability cheque (RIC donation)
11.15 hrs: Departure by coach to a Pancake Farmhouse in the Amsterdamse Bos
11.30 hrs: Pancake lunch
13.00 hrs: Farewell and departures (coach to Schiphol Airport)
May 24th 2014
- Welcoming address, by the President of RC Nieuwkoop, Jurgina Feith, president 2013-2014
- Calling the RIC members, by Henk van de Meent, RC Nieuwkoop, RIC officer.
- Minutes of meeting held in Paris, 2013
(see for minutes of the AGM 2013 the website www.ric-meeting.com)
- Matters arising from the minutes and approval
- Annual report and social projects from member club (5 minutes/club)
- Annual report by High Suffolk
- Annual report by RC Lublin and presentation of the joint project for 2014/2015
- Annual report byLeipzig
- Annual report by RC Le Vesinet and report of the joint project 2012/2013
- Annual report by Rotselaar
- Annual report by RC Nieuwkoop and progress of the joint project for 2013/2014 (participating in Sailability; sailing by disabled, see also www.sailability.org / www.sailability.nl)
- Discussion about RIC revitalization, by Patrick Billiet
- Presentation and confirmation of RC Lublin as organizing club of the RIC 2015. Handover of RIC banner to RC Lublin.
- Any other businesses
- Closure of the meeting
23-24-25 May 2014
Minutes of RIC meeting
held in Amsterdam May 24 , 2014
Jurgina Feith, president of Rotaryclub Nieuwkoop, chaired the meeting of 34 rotarians.
Henk van de Meent, RIC-coördinator RC Nieuwkoop, called the RIC members. All member clubs attended: High Suffolk, Le Vesinet, Leipzig, Lublin, Rotselaar and Nieuwkoop.
1. Opening and welcome by Jurgina Feith
2. The minutes of the previous meeting are approved, with one comment. Radek Hunek presented the pitch of Lublin last year in stead of Andrzej Dmowski.
3. Annual report from member clubs ( presentations attached )
- High Suffolk by Harry Stadley
Away from fund raising. Harry is very pleased to report that they have increased their membership by 3 during the year, which now takes them up to 19 members, including our two honorary members.
The last RIC project has now come to fruition and they have heard that all the children that attend after hours tuition have been successful in their exams for secondary school, which is very important in India if they are to have the chance of a good future.
Last year they sponsored a young cellist in the Rotary Young Musician competition and this year she has won a place at the Rotary Musicamp in San Diego, California, which is limited to twenty young musicians and she is one of only two cellists at the camp. We have helped to sponsor her trip to the United States.
Their long running project with a local old persons home in Framlingham has now come to an end as the home is being demolished and a new larger one is being built. High Suffolk used up the last of the funds in providing a greenhouse so that they can propagate their own plants. This will also be a valuable asset to the new gardens when they are completed.
- Lublin by Andrzej Rozek
A great start of his pith. Andrzej is addressing the meeting with a welcome in 4 languages. With a large number of pictures Andrzej is giving us a flavor of their activities. Lublin will host the RIC in 2015 during the last week-end of May. Pictures are showing us the nice venues where it will take places. The meeting is informed about the new highway from Warsaw to Lublin and that Lublin has an international airport now.
Lublin is proposing to the RIC a special social project. The funding of a van to transport disabled children to the gym where special equipment is installed for their treatments. All members are asked to support the funding of it.
- Leipzig by Werner Stärtzel
This big club of 64 members still doesn’t still have female members, but has no problem in building up a younger team to rejuvenate the club. Though they meet every week they still have an attendance issue. Once a year they travel for one week with the club. The last time they went to Normandy in France. Last year they ended their international project Forikolo, which lasted 4 years, the foundation of a school farm in Sierra Leone. This project was sponsored by the RIC. It turned out to be a successful project. Its sustainable effect even spreaded to a lot of other villages. A new international project started in Madagascar. A hospital project with organizations like Water Without Borders and the Rotary Action Group Water and Sanitation. The contribution to this project will be € 10.000.
- Le Vesinet by Jérôme Montet
First of all Jérôme is apologizing his club president Carmen, because her son married on this day. The club still has 29 members. They lost one, but a new member came aboard. The club managed to raise about € 25.000 for donations to several projects. The two largest recipients being Polio and Water without Borders.
The RIC funded projects in Afghanistan were adjusted for longer lasting impact. The first project was the installation of a classroom for sewing and the second project are computer courses for girls and equipment for a women teachers helpline.
- Rotselaar by Tom van Orshoven
Tom informed us about international fellowship of flying Rotarians and the visit of Le Vesinet. (Un)Fortunately an airplane was not used for this visit ( see picture below ).
The club has been very active and raised about € 45.000 with many projects. Almost monthly clubservice activities, including their 15th anniversary of the club ( see picture below) and a zone meeting with other rotary clubs. With the funds raised the club supported social projects like gifts for childs with low opportunities, medical equipment for Romanias and new sanitary for “de Wissel” a special social building for girls. For youth they supported scholarships and the Youth Exchange Program.
- Nieuwkoop by Jurgina Feith
The most important challenges for RC Nieuwkoop are active participation and contribution to the local community, re-define the Water-project (Kraaibos in South Africa), pending political developments, expand the fundraising sources (Last year Jazz on the Plazz raised €19000 which was a record, not likely to be repeated), engaging new and younger members and a Service Exchange project (Beursvloer). Matching Grant has been rejected, after 2 successful applications in previous years, for our international project ( a youth sports school in South Africa) as a result of the revised criteria, the application has been totally revised and re-applied, they are awaiting the verdict.
With the RIC funded project RC Nieuwkoop supports yacht clubs in becoming Sailability Locations and making sailing for disabled people possible. Everybody should be able to sail.
4. Discussion about RIC revitalization by Patrick Billiet
The results of the poll were presented, but there has been not enough time for a detailed analysis. Nevertheless the response rate was 56%. This makes the outcome relevant for the RIC. Some early conclusions:
- doubt about RIC esp. in Nieuwkoop;
- surprising lack of interest in Leipzig;
- importance of a well organised program in an interesting cultural location – program content;
- change of location in the same country price is very crucial;
- RIC is becoming too expensive;
- spread the time in between RIC’s (price, spring/autumn) and in between cyclus : every 18 months;
- more indepth analysis is possible, but main trends look clear;
- not studied : hosting/organising RIC;
- no conclusions to be taken now – involve all members. To present poll-results and conclusions in all clubs. Feedback and discussion through RIC coordinator with deadline for real conclusions september 15th 2014. RIC 2015 in Lublin as planned, new impact starting 2016.
5. Handover of RIC banner to RC Lublin
6. Closing of the meeting
Social project Nieuwkoop 2014
The social project this year is a project called Sailability: helping disabled persons to be able to sail.
- 15 members from High-Suffolk-UK
- 11 members from Nieuwkoop-NL
- 10 members from Rotselaar-B
- 9 members from Leipzig-D
- 4 members from Lublin-P
- 3 members from Le-Vésinet-F
We say a warm welcome to the following RIC-friends that already registered …